Review the Application Checklist for information and documents that are needed to complete the online certification application.
- Complete and submit the online application by the posted application deadline.
- Technical assistance will not be available after 4:00 pm Central on deadline dates so plan your application completion and submission accordingly.
- UCNS staff and Certification Council review submitted applications to verify eligibility and application compliance.
- Application eligibility determination notices are emailed to applicants approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the registration period opening.
- Examination results are mailed to candidates approximately 10 weeks after the exam. Results will not be given via telephone or email.
- Certificates are mailed to candidates who successfully pass the exam.
- Please notify UCNS immediately or update your UCNS profile if your contact information changes.
An appeals process if available to individuals who disagree with the UCNS's decisions regarding their admissibility to the examination, request for special accommodations, or negative examination determination. Information on appeals can be found in the appeal section of the Certification Policies
Candidates who wish to withdraw from the examination must notify UCNS in writing. Information on exam withdrawals can be found in the refund section of the Certification Policies
Candidates who fail an initial examination may repeat the examination up to two times within six years of their initial attempt. No candidate may take an examination more than three times. Candidates applying for reexamination are required to submit updated information where necessary and pay the reexamination fee.